Kia ora all
With the move to COVID-19 level two tonight the Committee and Board have been working hard to come up with guidelines to enable the Club to reopen.
We are excited to be able to welcome members back to the club from Friday the 15th of May, however there will be some changes to how we operate.
First and foremost, we will be following the guidelines that have been set by the Ministry of Health. This means that numbers will be restricted in the club and cleaning will be top of mind.
Here is a link to the FAQ’s WRC Covid-19 Level 2 Start-up FAQs Final
Some of the key things you should be aware of are:
- security cameras have been installed in the shed and are action motivated. CCTV footage will be stored for one month in the cloud and is able to be accessed by the Operations Manager 24/7
- There is a restriction to 10 people in the club (both in town and at North End). Coaches will work with their squads on how this will work
- Everyone entering the club must either scan in with the QR code (scanned with their phone) or use the sign in form. This essential for the rules around contact tracing
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry and exit of the club
- There are only three ergs in erg room (new ergs) spaced 2 metres apart
- All others are stored in the weights area and can be used outside (placed 2 metres apart)
- All equipment that you use must be cleaned (i.e oar handles, erg equipment etc), notices are beside the equipment to provide guidance on how it should be cleaned
- All athletes are requested to leave the club after training and not congregate.
- A google spreadsheet will be set up for casual training which will enable individuals to book an erg slot but will ensure the restriction of 10 in the shed is managed
Coaches will be in contact with their crews around timings, however, the Committee has agreed that boat maintenance must be a priority and completed by the end of the month.
Please take time to familiarise yourselves with the attached FAQs. There is an expectation that everyone will follow the rules.
Finally, please ensure that if you feel unwell you do not come to the club.
Ngā mihi Sam